Best Sacred Hindu Shrines in India
Hindu religion is world’s one of the oldest and profound religions. The deeper you plunge, the further you know. It is like never ending information, discovery and excitement in this religion. In all over the world, Hinduism is spread substantially and having above 1000 millions of followers.
Though, the major part of Hindu followers’ lives in India, but in the nations like Bangladesh, Indonesia and Nepal, Hinduism has the same substantiality.
A brief snapshot of onset of Hinduism
The length of Hindu religion’s story is too elongated. It seems like does not have any concluding paragraph. The world’s longest and greatest epic is of Hinduism, i.e. Mahabharata. The establishment of Hindu shrines began about 2000 years back from today’s date. Later on, Hindu religion had a changeover from Vedic and came up with divine deities in all the shrines.
The deities reflect Hindus’ faith in a non-living creature also which might not have any relevance with real world, but just a faith which ties up the religion with divinity altogether. It is believed that Hinduism has 33 crore of Gods. On this basis, there are innumerous shrines in India and in all over the world as well. The constructive drafts of the Hindu Shrines have been changed ever since its transition from Vedic notions to Hinduism.
Shrines started being modeled with varieties of designs on the walls and representing many meanings of historical development and class of erstwhile lives of deities. The famous Hindu shrines in India are mentioned below with their establishment location:
- Kanchipuram Shrine situated in one of the oldest cities of South India Kanchipuram.
- Brihadiswara Shrine situated in Thanjavur, India.
- Khajurao Shrine, it is situated in one of the most attended tourist’s places in India, The Khajurao Village.
- Shri Ranganathaswamy shrine, situated in Shrirangam, India.
- The Virupaksha shrine, situated in Hampi, India.
- Meenakshi Amman Shrine, situated in Madurai, India.
- Annavaram Shrine, situated in the holy village of East Godavary District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Tirumla Venkataswara Shrine, situated in Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh.
- Skandagiri Shrine, in Secundarabad.
- Kanyakumari Kumari Amman Devi Shrine, the first temple created by Lord Parashuram.
These very Hindu Shrines are famous in India and witnessing millions of visitors every month. These are the pilgrimages of India. Once you visit, you find your connection with divinity.
As, it is above mentioned that, after the very transition from Vedic to Hinduism, the designs and belief in idols started among Hinduism. In all these shrines, you can get to witness, the skilled and very subtle hand-works, making statues and representing the connection between this earth and God through such demonstration. Else, there are many histories, related to the designs which we, being the generation of today, must know about it.
You may also like to read about...
India is an ancient country and there are several art forms that are practiced here. One of them is the science of placing objects in a house and of d...More
Got an opportunity to date a smart, intelligent and stylish model (female)? So, do not let this scope go in-vain by doing below mentioned mistakes:...More
Parenting is the most conscientious job in the world of humankind as well as amongst animals. Being mother and father is not a matter of game. It carr...More